Our year in Xi’an China has come to an end. Now that we are home, there are so many things we appreciate that we took for granted before. My comp I students are writing about what they are grateful for this week, and I will join them by making my own list.
- I’m grateful for clean air and big skies.
- I’m grateful for places to run, swim, and bike.
- I’m grateful for my office and office technology like the copy machine.
- I’m grateful that we are reunited with our son, Israel.
- I’m grateful to have my own car and a valid driver’s licence.
- I’m grateful to have meaningful, creative, challenging work.
- I’m grateful for my colleagues and students.
- I’m grateful for my church.
- I’m grateful to have all the coffee I can drink–all the time.
- I’m grateful to have a big, extended family near by.
But most of all, I’m grateful that I was granted the opportunity to spend a school year in China with my husband Jeremy, and my son, Asher. We learned and experienced so many things we would have missed had we never traveled. Thank you all for following our journey.